Monday 13 July 2015

Calm Returns To Lunga After Police Officers Flee From Residents

By Paul Shalala in Lunga
Davies Mwila

Calm has returned to the newly created Lunga District in Luapula Province where Police officers ran away two months ago after residents ran amok. 

This followed the death of a woman who is suspected of having died of witchcraft and residents decided to pounce on five Police officers who were deployed on the islands. 

Home Affairs Minister Davies Mwila and area Member of Parliament Emerine Kabanshi visited the district on Wednesday to assess the security situation. 

Mr Mwila, who was impressed to see residents living side-by-side with Police officers, commended the Luapula Province Police Command for restoring calm in the area and re-deploying five Police officers who earlier in May fled the islands. 

He also addressed dozens of residents on Kasoma Lunga island on the need for residents to be tolerant of the Police.

And when Mr Mwila paid a courtesy call on Chief Kasoma Lunga, he assured the chief that government will ensure that Lunga develops to the level of a fully fledged district.

And Lunga District Council Chairman Amos Mushili apologised for the resident's unruly behavior.

Lunga is only accessed by boat
"We have moved on as a district. We have stopped that behavior. We will never harass the Police again. These officers are now doing a commendable job," said Mr Mushili.

Lunga District is composed of several islands which are sorrounded by swamps created by Lake Bangweulu.

The area was declared a district by late President Michael Sata three years ago.

The district is only accessed by boat from Samfya District and it has no road or industry.

Residents live on the four main islands and they survive by fishing and cultivating a few crops such as maize and bananas.

1 comment:

  1. HELLO viewer am here to share my testimony on how I finally join the Illuminati hood and became RICH,FAMOUS AND POWERFUL, I tried all my possible best to become a member of the hood but I was scam several times, before I finally come across a testimony on net so I contacted the agent, I was so afraid that he will ask me for lot of money before I can join the hood but to my greatest surprise he only ask me to obtain the membership form which I did and today am so happy to say to the world that am one of the richest by having the sum of $360 millions dollars in my personal account as a new member and am also known all over the world with the business given to me by the Illuminati and also have power to do that which I want...... I know so many people are online also looking for help here is their official email (ILLUMINATIWORLDRICHFAMOUS666@GMAIL.COM) or contact them on WhatsApp via: +2349064844957  

    ReplyDelete